Sunday, May 18, 2008

Tagged ... A Silly Response

OK, I think the way this works is that somebody answers a few questions about themselves or their lives and then "tags" a few others to respond. I assume the same questions apply, so here goes a response. Silly, I know, but I can't think too seriously of myself.

5 things on my to do list:

1) Learn How to Play White Dove by Casting Crowns on My Guitar. Haven’t heard it? After the last song on “The Alter and the Door” CD, let CD player continue for 2:31. Mark and Megan sing in Korean at the North Korean International Arts Festival. Song is by unknown North Korean author.
2) Get Lily and Lia’s new Bedroom Done, er, I mean Started. First, I have to get it cleaned out. More toys and stuffed animals in there than a late summer county fairground.
3) Build a Putting Green for Austin in the Back Yard – He’s divoting my sod to death! But he loves the game.
4) Fix Connie’s Fountain in the Front Landscape – I’m going to regret bringing this one up. Soon as I finish this, I better go work on that. Maybe she’ll still be napping with Lily til I get done.
5) Teach Austin How to Drive (But Pray First) this summer.

5 snacks I love



1) Strawbabies (That’s Lilyese for Strawberries)
2) Ice Cream
3) Apple Pie (OK, that’s not a snack, but combine with 2 and wow (make sure pie is heated))
4) Orange Blossoms - They only come once per year at Christmas (thanks Memaw) but they are absolute heaven.
5) My Neighbor’s Strawbaby Cake

I were a billionaire-
Ha! God doesn’t have time for that. He knows I wouldn’t know what to do with it. Listen, I’d be like a kid in a candy store. I’ll take some of that, oh, gimme some of those. Oooh, check that out! Don’t spend it all in one place, He would tell me over and over and over. There was a man having a conversation with God once who asked “God, what’s a million dollars like to you?” And God said “A penny.” They continued their conversation and eventually the man asked “God, what’s a million years like to you?” And God said “A minute.” After a little more conversation, the man said “God, can I have a million dollars?” And God said “In a minute!” He knows what we need and what we can handle. But it sure would be nice to try and figure it out, wouldn’t it. “God, can I have a penny?” Beyond the obvious, like giving to our church and making sure all of our family members were taken care of, I would finish paying for our adoption and then anybody else’s who needed help. I would pay for Lily and Lia’s college education (Austin’s is already paid for), because I’m certain I’ll have my billion blown before they make college age. I would probably pay for our house, just in case things got tight (you see, now I’m a billionaire and I’m still thinking like Jed Clampitt). My Upward Ministry would get a significant increase in its budget (budget, Connie says, what budget, you mean My budget?). I would sponsor a 1000 kids through Compassion International - Olvin and Shirley would have 998 new siblings! Check ‘em out at www.compassion.com. And finally, I would buy a strawbaby patch so we could eat strawbabies til we puke!

"Where's Dad?", "I think he's out fixing the fountain?"5 bad habits- 

1) Procrastination
2) I’ll identify the rest of my bad habits later
3)
4)
5)

5 jobs I've had

1) Information Distribution Agent (Paper Boy)
2) Lawn Mower
3) Music Instructor (Guitar)
4) Salesman (My Dad’s Music Store)
5) Engineer

5 Places I've lived

1) Mobile, AL; Spent 6 Months in the Port City When I was, Well 0-6 Months Old
2) Athens, AL; Dad Lost His Job in Mobile, So We Set Out for Chicago to Live With My Grandfather When I was 6 Months Old. The Car Broke Down in Athens and so Here I am!
3) Athens, AL; Lived with Grandmother instead of Grandfather
4) Athens, AL; Connie and I Built Our First House Together
5) Harvest, AL; Connie and I Built Our Second House Together

5 bad habits-the last three 

3) Spending Too Much Time Away from Family (Especially During Upward Season)
4) Worrying Too Much (Worry is the Opposite of Faith)
5) Spending Too Much Time in My World and Not Enough in His Word

(Pretty clever how I managed to only list 4 bad habits. I guess the last one might be not paying attention to instructions).


"Let's Play Tag!"

So, someone has to be tagged for this response to be in full compliance with the rules. Therefore, Jamiesons, Morgans, and Hodges - tag, you're it!

Love,
Jerry, Connie, Austin, Lily Grace (and Lia Faith, out there somewhere),
Green, Party of Five

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Ok, I am cracking up...information distribution agent...
That is funny.
Hey, I am gonna e-mail you soon. Gotta chat about adoption stuff..

Anonymous said...

Let me get my notebook out! I Will work on that!
Laura

Sonya said...

You tagged ME? Ok Ok I'll get RIGHT on it! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hey Connie,

Please add me to the blog.

Love ya'll

Linda
hollaways@gmail.com