Sunday, September 24, 2006

Happy Birthday Lily Grace!!!!!




Hey Everyone,

Praise God for birthdays, Lily Grace turned two today! We had a wonderful "little" family celebration and I really think Lily Grace understood that we were celebrating something specific for her. Though I doubt that she knew she was turning two. (I wonder how old she thinks I am?)

Mrs. Tracie gave Lily her very first birthday present, a really nice blue dress that she had "smocked" (boy, I hope that's the right terminology for what Tracie did to the neckline of the dress). I thought we had a picture of it, but I can't find it right now. We'll be sure to post it later. Anyway, Tracie thank you - gifts from you always have a piece of your heart in them and that makes them more special than anything! Just as a reminder, my birthday is in April, but the smock thing probably wouldn't work for me.

Rather than overwhelm Lily Grace, we just had a small little party with a few gifts - a little kitchen set, some clothes, and a few play toys. But we did have cake for the little princess, complete with two candles. Austin, Connie, and I really enjoyed watching Lily bask in the attention - it's really unusual you see for her to get any attention at all around here!

How is it that kids just know what to do with presents that are wrapped up? When we gave Lily a gift that needed unwrapping, we all wondered what she would do. And to our surprise, she tore right into it and opened the box of clothes and uttered the appropriate "Ooooh" when she saw the clothes there. Oh well, I guess next she'll be telling me that "Shopping is therapy!" She's all girl!

Lily really enjoyed her birthday and we enjoyed being blessed by having her here with us on her special day.







Love,
Jerry, Connie, Austin, and Lily Grace (Birthday Girl)
Green, Party of Four

3 comments:

Pandamonium Mom said...

Hi Greene family! Happy Birthday Lily Grace!! So glad to hear things are going well for all of you.
love, DeEtte

Sonya said...

What a beautiful birthday girl!

Sonya

Our Adoption Story said...

Happy Birthday to a beautiful Princess! She is such a joy! She seems happier every time I see her. Can't wait until the weekend.
Laura