Thursday, September 07, 2006

Football Fridays

Catching up on a few things. I know, I know. Boy am I slow to blog! Must be the word blog. I couldn't quite get the idea, so I looked it up. I'm probably the last to learn that it means WeB Log. It's like a journal, but on the web. Neat idea. Wish I'd thought of it. Anyway, hopefully I can get more efficient at this bloggin' thing!

Football season is finally here. And for Austin that means participating in East Limestone's program and watching Florida State. I think he's hooked on this Indian concept? Austin has been a part of the East Limestone Indians for several years now, earning his keep as the team manager.

This football season promises to be different than any before since we now have a beautiful little "cheerleader" to go along with our handsome son, Austin.

This year is a special year for East Limestone. Not only do we finally get to play Athens (we lost, but more on that later), but we are getting a brand new stadium at East Limestone. It is really nice. Connie and I bought reserved seats on the 50 yard line so we could catch every one of Austin's games. Lily Grace will be able to see the cheerleaders from where we are sitting.

Austin is really good friends with all the players, but his favorite is probably the quarterback, a soft-spoken, polite kid named Chad DeWitt. Chad is very talented, but very humble. Austin tells me that Chad knows the Lord and has his priorities in place. That's really cool for Austin to have such a friend. Chad goes out of his way to speak to me. I think that's his way of showing me that he really respects Austin for his efforts to support the team. It's hard to describe the emotional ties that Austin has to this football team, due to some really personal life events. Maybe one day, he'll be able to talk about that at length.

Now, Lily Grace was on the field at East Limestone the first week we had her home. Here's some pictures of her adventure. This was just before big brother was to start practice. Of course, he was totally focused on Lily this time!

Hey Austin, this thing is ringing. How do I make it stop?

















See you at the game!

Love,
Jerry, Connie, Austin, and Lily Grace
Green, Party of Four

2 comments:

Russ and Lisa W. said...

OHHHHHHH I Love the photo for Austin & Lily walking away from the camera.....priceless!

drew and lori said...

austin- i sure would love to hear your testimony relating to the football team one day. great pictures jerry- but uh- laura and i have already posted about our weekend - you are still behind- and hey- its NOT rocket science!! HA HA HA HA HA (i couldn't resist my friend!) connie- i can't wait to see you tomorrow!