Thursday, February 01, 2007

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!


Although we can't be quite sure, this morning was likely the first time Lily Grace had seen snow. I wouldn't think that Nanchang would see very much of a chance of snow, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I really wanted to see what she thought of it, so I sneaked upstairs before leaving for work to see if our little princess was awake yet. So pushing the door in ever so silently, so as not to awaken her, I was amused to see Lily sitting upright playing in her bed (I wonder if she always is so quiet when she wakes up, I'm usually gone to work by that time). When she saw me peeking into the room she shouted "Boo!" I laughed until I thought my side would split. How did she know to say Boo? It seemed so natural for her and funny too.







Anyway, we got her dressed and downstairs and when we let her look out the window at the snow, she said "Waas at?" Not surprising, eh? "It's snow, Lily, you want to go play in it? "Snow?" So after Ma-ma dressed her like the little boy in Christmas Story (remember the down jacket?), Austin and I took her outside to see her reaction to this funny, wet white stuff covering everything. It was 'waining' a little by this time, so we didn't stay out too long. Just long enough for Austin to teach Lily how to make and launch a snowball at Ma-ma! Incoming!! Lily thought that was fun and very funny. She didn't realize it probably wasn't a good idea to try to run in this stuff, so she took off and nearly re-enacted the familiar scene from Christmas Story where the little boy in the down jacket had fallen and couldn't get up. But she caught herself just before that happened.

All in all, I'd say that Lily really liked the snow, but was certainly ready to come in and get warm. "It co-old, Da-ee!" Hope you and yours were able to play a little in the snow this morning. Now, spring you are welcome to arrive anytime.

Love,
Jerry, Connie, Austin (King Snowball Hurler), and Lily Grace

6 comments:

Journey to Lilly! said...

ohh my goodness!! we did not get snow! it looked so pretty! Lily Grace is just a doll! Thanks for sharing!!
Kim Pintaro
www.pintaroadoption.blogspot.com

The Ferrill's said...

What did you call that stuff? Snow? It looks pretty, but how would we know what it's like? Growing up in Mobile and living just shy of the "snow-line" makes it quite a rare occasion to see snow! It looks like yall got just enough to be pretty but not too much to be a pain! Lily Grace looks delighted! I love the "boo!" story. Reminds me of Monsters Inc! Precious!
Laine

Anonymous said...

Wow! You actually got snow! We get that much almost nightly! I wish it would all turn to rain here. I have seen enough snow to last me a life time.
Tammy

Lisa said...

Oh what fun! I wish we would have gotten some snow to play in.
Lisa and AC

drew and lori said...

what happened to your post about houston? it just disappeared! great snow shots though! see you soon!

Paige Betterton said...

She is so cute! We didn't get one once of snow! I never did get the chance to thank you guys for coming to the airport to welcome us home! Your emails meant so much to us while we were in China. I hope we can get the girls together soon! We aren't keeping the website anymore. Our blog is wwwbettertonfamily.blogspot.com . Hope to see you soon!