Friday, February 08, 2008

Happy New Year! Rats!


So many times she has asked us to go to dinner with them and so many times we have not been able to work it out. So, Sonya finally found a way to get us to go out for Chinese - sweeten the deal with a Chinese Acrobat show at the Princess Theatre in Decatur. Thanks Sonya for inviting us and thanks to all our friends in the Decatur chapter of FCC for allowing us to celebrate Chinese New Year with you. It was really good to see some friends we hadn't seen in a while. We even got to see some of our really special friends from the Athens Chapter of FCC. That is really cool. And Lily Grace and Austin really enjoyed the show. When the two young acrobats performed their skating routine on a table top, Lily screamed "I wanna go skating too!" And she sat totally engrossed in the show for the most part, save the occassional boredom dance performed in the isle between her mom and her brother! Austin and I were just amazed at the talents and abilities of these amazing athletes. If you ever get a chance to see a Chinese acrobat show, don't pass it up.

Connie said just get those pictures up and don't write a book. Just pictures! And it is a little late, but I wanted to get these up before the first day of Chinese New Year got away from me. So, without further commentary, here's some pictures from our evening at the theatre!

"I wonder how she got so tall?" "How'd she know what dress I was wearing?"

Connie and Lily enjoy a good old-fashioned homecooked Chinese meal!

Katie Lin waiting to go to the Princess. She and I became buddies tonight because I let her take some pictures with my camera!

Grace Anna really looks cute in her glasses (and intelligent too!)

Lily enjoyed having her picture made with one of the Acrobats.

I love this picture, check out the smile on the young acrobat as she watches Lily meet all of them!

Hiding behind her fan!

Of course, no Chinese event is complete without the umbrella! This is Addie Liu, helping Lily hold her new umbrella (autographed of course by the acrobats).


Happy New Year (Rats!)

Love,
Jerry, Connie, Austin, Lily Grace, and Lia Faith (somewhere waiting for us)
Green, Party of Five

6 comments:

The Princess's Mommy said...

Wasn't the show wonderful? We had the best time. Lily Mei thought all the girls were "pincesses". Lily Grace was beautiful in her pink dress! See you Saturday!
Love,
Monica

The Ferrill's said...

What fun! I love seeing all the children from other blogs we follow!
I'm sure all of them LOVED this show!
Great pics!

Sonya said...

OMgoodness!!! I AM LOL at the pic of Lily Grace and KL where KL is looking HUGE!!! What a HOOT!

I just love the Green family!!!
So glad to see you guys last night!

Sonya

Tina said...

It was great to see yall again and I'm glad Connie and Lily are better!
Hope to see you tonight for the CNY dinner.

Lisa said...

First of all I am so glad that you are feeling better. It sounds like you have had a time. I put your cell # in my phone, so next time I come up I will give you a call. ;)
I know Lia Faith is out there. I will be praying about your search for Lily Grace's Mei Mei.
It looks like you all had a great time celebrating CNY!
It is always getting the girls together.

Julie said...

Sorry, our blog is
www.corbettadoption.blogspot.com