Tuesday, January 01, 2008

About Those Christmas Pictures ...

We took a little vacation to the mountains for the New Year's holiday and I had planned to have a serious post-fest. You know, a two or three cup of coffee sit down with picture after picture and comment after comment. I figured that with all the bowl games on, I'd be able to sit back with the laptop and post away for hours at a time, maybe even while the girls shopped. Aahh. Relax, Get the TV going, looks like another meaningless game is on, so I'll just go ahead and get started posting.

Now, where's that laptop. Ah, here we go. Plug it in so as not to have to worry later about that nagging battery low indicator. Good. Oops, forgot the wireless card. No problem, here it is. Restart. Logon. Start Internet Explorer. Good, now find the network. ... ... ... ... "Cannot locate network service." ... ... ... Oh, maybe the router is not turned on. Now, let's see, where is that thing? Hello, Cabin Rental Service, I can't find the router for the wireless Internet service. What? I know it's a new cabin. We're the first ones to use it? That's apparent from the unpaved driveway on a 60 degree incline (it's raining too). Yeah, but you said it had Internet service. Oh, the owner is working on it? Where are they? Looks to me like we're the only ones here.

OK, so you get the message. No Christmas posts until we get back home (we're home now). So, without further adue or extraneous words, here's some of our favorite pictures from this Christmas and New Year's season. Hope all of you had a Blessed and Holy Christmas season and a great start to 2008.

"Me and Daddy went shopping and I got these for Mommy!"

After that, we went to Santa's Village and Met Santa Clause. I told him I wanted a Candy Cane.

Oh, this red-clad, grey-bearded guy is for real. A Candy Cane!

"Austin, what are you doing to that toy soldier? Santa's watching!"

"Mommy and Daddy took me to the Athens Christmas parade and it was really cold. Austin was marching with the East Limestone band, so he didn't watch it with us. Mommy and Daddy were real sad because this was the first year ever that Austin didn't sit in the truck and watch the parade with them. But at least they had me!"

"Check out my Athens FCC friends on the float! I was sick and Mommy wouldn't let me ride:("


"Contemplating an after parade snack!"

"Getting ready for Austin's Christmas concert with the East Limestone Concert Band."
"East Limestone Concert Band, Intermediate Band, and Beginner Band - Lot's of Kids!"
"Austin played several percussion instruments, but his favorite was the Kettle Drums!"

"Here's my present to Mommy and Daddy and Austin - me! They readopted me by Alabama state law on the 13th of December!"

To Be Continued ... Check this same post title over the next few days. We have tons of pictures to share, picking out just a few is a great (but joyous) task. We will just add on to this post as we add pictures.

Merry Christmas,
Jerry, Connie, Austin, Lily Grace (and Lia Faith, somewhere)
Green, Party of Five

5 comments:

Pug Mama said...

You have the best dressed daughter!
Happy New Year!

The Princess's Mommy said...

The pictures are just wonderful! I am so glad you had a good holiday! I pray 2008 will see Lia Faith home with her amazing family! Lily Grace is just so beautiful and those clothes...oh, to die for!
Love,
Monica

ps-The ladies at the Grasshopper said to tell you 'hello'

Sonya said...

Lily Grace, YOU ARE A DOLL!!! You just get more and more beautiful! And, Austin gets more and more handsome!!!

GREAT PICS!

Sonya

The Ferrill's said...

Love all the pictures!!!!! Beautiful family and beautiful Christmas!
Laine

Lisa said...

Lily Grace is such a beautiful little girl!