Saturday, September 08, 2007

School Days, School Days ..

Good old golden rule days ... My father always said that to me. Of course he had his second verses about reading, writing, and arithmetic that we won't get into, lest some of our school agers think we disrespect their vocation! Both of the Green kids are back in school full swing now that Fall has gotten underway. It is Fall, isn't it if school is in session. But why is it still so hot? Maybe somebody better check the calendar to see if we're jumpstarting this school thing a little early.

Anyway, Austin has started the 8th grade and really likes all of his teachers. He really gets along nicely with his history teacher. Says he's a laid back teacher that just lectures and teaches, no set formula for study this, take that test, complete this assignment, answer these questions, ... Just learnin.' His class schedule couldn't have worked out any better for him. All the tough stuff in the morning and PE the last period of the day! His advanced literature teacher heads up the Jr Beta Club and may be planning another trip to New York next spring. Austin will have to choose between going to DisneyWorld with the band or New York with the Beta Club. My guess ... he visits New York again. He's not much on Disney parks.

Lily Grace also had her first day of 'school.' She's going to a preschool for 2 yr olds - her age prevented her from joining the 3 yr old class. We didn't know what she would think of going some place on her own, without Mama or Memaw, but she surprised us all by running off with the other kids laughing and having a ball. Connie did alright, but Memaw couldn't leave. Said maybe they should stay and make sure she doesn't cry. Make sure who doesn't cry, thought the director, her or you? Of course, the director said "why would she cry, look at her, she's having a blast." So, reluctantly Memaw agreed to leave her, but only for a few hours mind you ... we'll be back to get her soon! And you better take good care of her.


"Lily Grace hard at work."
"Lily and her teacher, Ms. Melanie"

So I got to pick Lily Grace up and showed up just in time. All the little kids were marching out from their classes, "book bags" and lunch boxes in tow. Looked like a bunch of little business place soldiers, leaving for the day after putting in a good day's work! Even Lily didn't stop at my feet as the procession passed me by, instead taking her seat with the car riders in the lobby and waiting her turn to be called down to go home. Checkout the pics below of Lily Grace on her first day of school.




Love,
Green, Party of Four ...
Jerry, Connie, Austin, and Lily Grace

7 comments:

Russ and Lisa W. said...

Ohhhh, I would have cried my eyes out!!! I hate to leave my dogs behind, could you even imagin if it were Alison Rose!! lol Looks like she had fun!!

Love Ya, Lisa

The Ferrill's said...

I love Miss Lily Grace's first day of school dress! What a big girl just going right into her class!
When yall go to the beach in October, please let me know and we'll meet you on your way down or back up! We are going in Oct. too,but we go to Gulf Shores.
Blessings!
Laine
P.S. Where are the pics of Austin's first day of school outfit? :)

Kimberly and Jonathan said...

Lily Grace always has the cutest outfits! I'm like Memaw, I would have to stick around.. just in case..and I would be the one crying.. haha.
Loved the monogrammed back pack and lunch box, so sweet.
Kimberly

Adele said...

I am so glad I found your blog. I have enjoyed reading it. Lily Grace is adorable. My daughter Mallory started preschool last week and loves it! I bought her two book bags and one of them is just like your Lily Grace's bag. Too cute!
I will be back here to visit. :)

Lisa said...

She is so cute! I am glad she had such a great first day of school!

Jewels of My Heart said...

She is so beautiful... so precious.
Would love for us to get together too. If you are ever near Savannah let me know!

Journey to Lilly! said...

What a big girl.. off to school. I love Lily's backpack & fist day of school outfit! I know you have to be proud!!:)

Can't wait until the beachtrip!

Kim